Friday, August 18, 2017

Volcano Birthday Cake

A volcano cake was requested this year for his volcano themed birthday party. In order to make the volcanoes, I used waffle cones and I put large marshmallows in them (to help fill the insides if I put strawberry sauce in them later). To make the largest volcano, I put two cones on top of each other with a little marshmallow and icing in between to make it taller then I used broken pieces of cones to fill in the bottom of that volcano before icing it. The lava is simply red rock candy suckers stuck in the top of the open cones. I should have used a smaller icing tip for the text and I totally forgot to buy a cake board, but I'm sure it will be hit! I did buy red strawberry ice cream sauce to drizzle down the edge of the volcanoes when the guests arrive.


No comments:

Post a Comment